-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Re: PC Teck Talk .

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:37:55 -0400

Lionel, like Chris had said, see if you can run it from the CD. If you have
the original CD, you should be able to boot the system from the Norton CD.
If so, you'll then have a few options. I honestly can't say I remember which
of the Norton features are available, but I'm pretty sure WinDoctor is in
there. Of course, you need to make sure your computer will boot from the
CD-Rom. And, if it doesn't then you need to go into the BIOS and set it so
the boot order has CD-ROM listed before the HD.

If none of that is still working, try also going into MSCONFIG (START > RUN
> MSCONFIG > STARTUP) and uncheck most, if not all, of the items. That way,
your system should start up with as little as possible running in the back.
Whatever it is you're fixing that keeps coming back is doing so 'probably'
because it is in memory already and just keeps settings it back after you
repair.

Try that and see if it works.

---Troth