-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-037: Flaw in Visual B...

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 19:41:32 EDT

Lionel
   I am running WIN98se with MSOffice97 Pro on three systems.  This patch
does not show up on the UPDATE WIN98 list.  And, the following from the patch
download page does not mention WIN98se.  How risky is it to install on a
WIN98se
do you think?
thanks
 mjh
Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications Update - Q822150

Versions 5.0 and 6.0

An identified security issue in Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications
could allow an attacker to compromise a Microsoft Windows®-based system and
then
take a variety of actions. By installing this update, you can help protect
your computer.

Quick Info
File Name:  VBA64-KB822150-X86-ENU.exe
Download Size:  1669 KB
Date Published: 9/3/2003
Version:    6.4

Overview

An identified security issue in Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications
could allow an attacker to compromise a Microsoft Windows®-based system and
then
take a variety of actions. For example, an attacker could read files on your
computer or run programs on it. By installing this update, you can help protect
your computer.

        Microsoft® Visual Basic® for Applications Update Installer: KB822150
English
<A
HREF="http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/7/a/37a2f0bf-ec3f-463e-b8e7-0342b5ab0c08/VBA64-KB822150-X86-ENU.exe";>Download</A>

Change language

    Related Resources

MSDN</A>
<A HREF="http://msdn.microsoft.com/vba/";>Visual Basic for Applications
Developer Center</A>
<A HREF="http://office.microsoft.com/ProductUpdates/default.aspx";>Microsoft
Office Update</A>
<A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/security/";>Microsoft Security and Privacy</A>

        System Requirements

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows
Server 2003, Windows XP

percy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> [...]

MJH