-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Jumper for CD rom

  • From: Don L Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 23:51:30 -0500

If you look at those letters from top to down and add a few more,
it should make sense:  It lines up better with a fixed font.

CSM
SL A

 as
 vt
 ee

Column 1 down is CS for something like Cable Select
Column 2 down is SLave
Column 3 down is MAster

Secondary means that the device is to be connected to IDE2
(the Secondary connector)

As you should now be able to figure out, your jumper is
set for Slave and I assume is connected to the cable that
goes to IDE2.  You may have to change the BIOS to
correspond with any changes you make.

This is the best of my knowledge without looking into it in
more detail.  This is the same information that is on a hard
drive and probably your Zip Drive.  I'm not sure if the device
on the end of the cable has to be the master or the slave,
etc.  This should be pretty elementary for some of you
builders.

Don Elias

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 23:01:33 -0500 "Clinton Driggars"
<driggars@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Hi
> I need to check the jumper on a CD rom in a computer that I am
> installing a Zip Drive. I need to make sure that it is set as a
> secondary master. The CD rom does not show what jumpers would be
> this setting, but has some letters above them  I.E 3 sets of pins
> Top listed CSM and below that from left to right S L A     the
> middle pins are jumpered now which the L is above that.
> Can someone tell me where I should put the jumpers to make it a
> secondary master.  In the BIOS The secondary master says None and
> the secondary slave is set as CD Rom
> Clint

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.