-=PCTechTalk=- Re: First post

  • From: Glen <glbbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:12:33 -0700 (PDT)

Pam L,

First Welcome to the group.

Second.

Do you use Microsofts Internet Explorer?
I am going to assume so.

Step #1
Look in the top of your internet browser.
You should see "tools" listed up there. Click on
tools.

Step #2
Click on "Internet Options".

Step #3
A new window should pop up.
Click on the "delete cookies" and delete "temporary
internet files"

This will remove your cookies.

I am also going to assume that Internet Explorer
remembers your username and password.
If so when you go to the bulletin boards it
automatically logs you in. Is that correct?

If so then there is another solution to this.

Also if you contact the admistrator of the website
they will reset your info and everything.

Now if you don't know how to do this, then just post
the websites here and we can track down the person you
need to find to fix your old profile and logon name.

I understand on the privacy issue. I do believe
everyone here is honest and trustworthy. Just don't
give out your personal information. You don't know who
can see it. Anywhere on the net for that matter.

Hope I am helping.

Glen