-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Eudora - Removing the ...SNIP...

  • From: ~OoO~ <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:57:26 -0400

What I was saying was not about sending mail. It was in regards to what I
saw when I read my mail. If someone replies to a post, and keeps the
client (Eudora) was hiding the body from me and instead placing the word
SNIP with three dots on each side (...SNIP...). So, the message wasn't
being changed, but rather it was just a visual that was affected on my
side. But, yes, some people manually place the words <SNIP> or similar
variation. But, that's not what I was talking about.

Regardless, though, as I figured it out. Corny as it is, Eudora version 6
allows me to change it back, but in doing so also removes the beloved FROM
field I see in the preview pane. So, one way or another I suffer. Either I
get the FROM field plus the ...SNIP..., or I remove the ...SNIP... and the
FROM field also goes. Annoying.

---Troth