-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Emusic.com and Getright

  • From: "Glenn Folkvord - Hyperion Media" <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 22:43:55 +0200

Hello Faustus,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Faustus" <dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> I'm not an account-holder at emusic.com, but I noticed on first visiting
the
> site that the listed mp3 links are not for the mp3 files themselves, but
> instead take you to a page where you fill in your address and credit card
> details. Could this be where you're slipping up?

Dont think so, as I have a trial account there (gave 'em my cc number etc).

> So, if you've copied the mp3 link you want to the clipboard, you could try
> pasting it into GetRight (Ctrl-N), and then modifying the URL to include
> your login details, if necessary.

I couldnt figure out how to do that with a http URL.

However, some of the emusic.com files are stored at mp3.com! The link that
emusic.com provides for certain files are only redirects, *even* if the URL
they have programmed into download buttons *seemingly* go directly to the
mp3 file. If you can trick the browser to give you the mp3.com location of
the file, by interrupting a normal download, then you can copy&paste the
mp3.com location into Getright and then download.

Found out by accident. I dont know if this is the case for all emusic.com
files. I only tried a couple of albums.

Glenn