-=PCTechTalk=- Re: EZ CD Creator 7

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 09:09:42 -0700

Don,

I used Nero Express before and it did not have this dialog box I
AM talking about come up -- just lately.  And it specifically
takes you to the page to buy their $79.95 program.

No where did it give me on the above page the fact that I could
patch the problem and get rid of the dialog box.

Just wanted to mention this little quirk so people would use the
continue button on the box and still burn without spending
additional money :-)

And you are quite correct -- once I went back to Nero site and
searched on the left menu -- it did give a workaround -- plus
gave a link to a microsoft knowledge base article.

The upshot -- SP2 could cause CD burning to be slower.  But MS
will fix it in their next update so I did not do Nero's
workaround because my program  burns just fine.

But, I would not have looked for the workaround except for your
post so I imagine a lot of people would buy the $79 program
because they were ENCOURAGED.

Judith
http://www.agoodread.com
http://psp9tutorial.blogspot.com/
http://drawingartlesson.blogspot.com/
http://conspiracy-freefictionbook.blogspot.com/
Sharing is the key to all our $uccess!

Nero has too good of a reputation for me to think they were
trying to
DECEIVE you into buying a retail version to replace your OEM
version.
(Encourage, YES.  Deceive, NO.)  It is entirely possible that
the known
compatibility problem may not exist on your system because of
your
configuration or your hardware, drivers or other items may have
been updated
or configured to work around the issue.

Nero OEM versions are limited to operate with the equipment it
comes with
and only features that the manufacturer decided (read PAID) to
have
implemented for its customers.  It is possible that the known
compatibility
issue may be with a feature that the OEM decided NOT to
implement in its OEM
version.

If you go to the Nero website and/or the DVD burner
manufacturers website,
I'm sure you can find more information about this issue and a
patch, update
or other download that will fix it.

Don