-=PCTechTalk=- Re: ERROR.

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:28:40 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lionel" <percy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PC Tech Talk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 5:58 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- ERROR.

> Hi  All.......  Now and  then when I start up  I get  the  message on the
> black screen   " Error.. press any key to  reboot"   I do  that  and
> nothing  happens ,

We need to know what the error message says in between the ... and the word
press.

I press the  off  button on the  computer  and  have to  hold it in for
about  30  seconds  before the  computer will close  down .

That is normal operation.  Most newewr computers can be configured to
hibernate or standby when the button is pressed and released so it takes a
press and hold to make it shut down.