-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Dual monitor cards

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 18:27:48 -0700

Hi Darryl,
I don't know if they make a dual head PCI card.

I'd be interested to know if there was one.

Matrox has a new 3 head card.

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/parhelia/home.cfm
Designed for demanding professional and business users, discerning PC
enthusiasts and gaming connoisseurs, Matrox Parhelia=99 graphics
accelerators combine unparalleled quality, excellent performance and
innovative features to provide a completely immersive high-fidelity graphics
experience.

With an unprecedented number of revolutionary technologies, Matrox Parhelia
cards take 2D quality, professional productivity and 3D realism to a new
level.

Key features:
 512-bit GPU
 256-bit DDR memory interface
 128 MB DDR memory
 Advanced multi-display: Triple-RGB, Dual-DVI, TV output
 High performance 2D, 3D & video
 Surround Gaming
 10-bit GigaColor
 AGP 4X
++ There is more on the web site.

Reviews;
<http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/S&V/matroxparheliapr.shtml>
<http://extreme.ziffdavis.com/cgi-bin10/flo?y=3DeQtI0CIa110FBc0oA40AF>
~~~

It would make quite the wall all right.

http://www.mwn.ca/
<mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org

On 07/10/2002 at 10:19 AM Darryl wrote:

If you went a dual head AGP thats 2, plus a dual head pci thats 4 and 1 pci
slot gone, plus another dual head pci that 6 and 2 pci's gone, plus another
dual head pci thats 8 and 3 pci's gone, plus one more as a single and thats
9 with 4 pci's gone, this is a collective thought, but most boards have 5 -
6 pci's newer ones that is and no isa, if you brought one with onboard sound
and lan you could just scrape it in, which would make a great video wall in
Linux using the X server.

Darryl