-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Cd Burner Software

  • From: "Andy" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:05:31 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "DanT" <ezzmoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 4:40 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Cd Burner Software

> Hi all. I just bought a new Dell computer and it came loaded with Roxio
Easy
> CD Creator 5. I t seems that the only thing you can do with this version
is
> burn audio cd's. I tried to copy some pics I have on the computer with it
> last night and it wouldn't do it. I got a message that I could buy the
beter
> version for $100 but i really don't want to spend that kind of money just
> copy a few pics or some text every now and then. I have found Nero for $29
> online. My question is, Does anyone have a software that they like better?
> Isthere any freeware that works fairly well and is easy to use? Thanks In
> Advance for your advice, Dan T.   --- DanT --- ezzmoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx[1]

The version of Easy Cd Creator will burn more than just audio discs. It
won't do some of the fancy 'tricks' that the platinum version will, but it
will certainly burn audio, data and act as a CD copier at the very least.
When you start it up, do you get a 'splash screen' with options for music,
data, copy..etc.??

You can  get a much better deal on an upgrade directly from Roxio than
$100-it doesn't cost anything like that for the full boxed retail version!!

Nero is probably as good as Easy CD Creator, though I must admit I prefer
the Easy CD interface. The new NTI CD Maker 6 is very neat and easy to use
too.

My advice, take a look at the roxio website about getting an upgrade from
them. It's a standard thing they do for all new drives that come with their
cut down version. Also, they are about to release V6, so check around, you
may find V5 at a very nice price indeed..Here in the UK, I found a boxed
copy of the platinum for only £19.99 (about $32!!).

Cheers

Andy