-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can I update my HP/DP7

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:36:14 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/03 12:07:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I know my HP can handle Serif Draw -- used it plenty but now I
> need my HP to handle Paint Shop Pro (smiling here).  Serif Draw
> is a nice program but it will not do all the things I require.
>
> I AM doing a 70 graphic job right now (yes I am being paid to
> do it) and ended up needing PSP Version 8 which I just got.
>
> To complete the job to my satisfaction (us artist types are a
> bit picky) -- I needed more blending effects.
>
> But what I want to do is paint 16 X 20 inch paintings I can
> sell on the Internet eventually and why I want to know if I can
> upgrade my HP.

Judith
   So, how long have you had Draw Plus 7?  I've been about to upgrade for the
past three months.
   This is just some of the information Belarc Advisor provides on this
particular computer I am using now...... look at the info, including the
motherboard stuff.  With this kind of info on your HP, someone can find the
mothrboard
specs.

Processor a     Main Circuit Board
600 megahertz AMD Athlon
128 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache     Board: AMD-75X-W977
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 4.51 PG 10/01/99
Drives      Memory Modules
15.33 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
5.99 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

ATAPI CD-RW 48X16 [CD-ROM drive]
E-IDE CD-ROM 50X L
Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

Maxtor 9 1531U3 (15.33 GB) [Hard drive] -- drive 0      512 Megabytes
Installed Memory
256 Megabyte Module Size - 2 Installed
One Memory Socket is Empty
    Local Drive Volumes