-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Can I update my HP/DP7

  • From: Foxhillers@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:56:34 EDT

Judith
   Here are the requirements for Serif's DrawPlus 7.  Your computer will
easily handle this software.
http://www.serif.com/drawplus/drawplus7/dp7_sysreqs.asp

Minimum

IBM compatible Pentium PC with CD-ROM drive and mouse (or other Microsoft
compatible pointing device)

Microsoft Windows® 98, 98 SE, Me, 2000, NT®4.0, or XP operating system

32MB RAM (Windows 98), see manufacturer's requirements for other operating
systems

160MB (recommended install) free hard disk space

SVGA (800x600, 16-bit color) display or higher.

Additional disk resources and memory are required when editing large or
complex documents.

Optional:

Windows-compatible printer

TWAIN-compatible scanner and/or digital camera

Stylus or other input device

Internet account and connection required for accessing online resources

In a message dated 9/19/03 10:54:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have the minimum requirements and updated to IE 6 and have
> 512 MB of RAM and all the rest but what happens when I create a
> painting for a finished size of 16 X 20 inches -- the computer
> will hang and freeze when trying to use the blur and several
> other things in the program and this happens in Version 6 --
> with less stuff (effects, filters, etc) so you can imagine what
> Version 8 will do to my precious HP.
>
> When this happens, the painting I've done is zapped.  Adding
> more than a few layers also causes it to have spasms -- so I
> need a faster (bigger) processor??  And my question can I
> update my HP?
>
> Judith
> http://www.agoodread.com
> "Sharing is the Key to all our Success"