-=PCTechTalk=- Re: CA not free anymore?

  • From: Belle <lavalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:50:51 -0400

I'm an idiot.  My short term memory is shot. I had received CA from
Optonline for free for being a customer.  I completley forgot that and went
crazy trying to find the "free version" for my new computer.  Yes, I bought
a new computer with Vista 64.  When I finally remembered where I originally
got CA I went onto the optonline website and found out that their version of
CA is not compatible with 64 :-(.  So it's back to Norton for now.

My computer was causing me so much grief, I just got up and decided to buy
another one.  It's a
HP p6140f
Inter Core TM 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @2.33GHz 2.33 GHz
8 GB ram
64 bit Operating System
Windows Vista Home Premium
1 TB HD
It was $679

I was in a buying mood and even bought a Seagate 1TB external HD to use as a
backup, and Office Professional 2007.  I thought for the price is was a good
deal.  I use Vista at work, so it's not completely foreign to me.  I just
can't figure how to import my favorites/bookmarks.  The import function is
not cooperating for me.  It's looking for bookmark.htm. Don't have that.  So
that's my exciting news. :-)