-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Building Computer

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 07:53:59 -0400

On board modem... how bad can it be? Its not bad at all. Doesn't take much to
make a modem good. On board modem should be fine... ESPECIALLY since you have
cable and will only use the modem for emergency access or an occasional fax. If
you were going to run an answering machine or something that required caller ID
or other phone company features, then I'd say look to make sure its compliant
with the latest and required protocals. But, for your purposes, its fine.
Plus... just like onboard audi/video, you can always add your own anyway should
you find a reason to do so.
---Troth