-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backup programs?? was Re: Living on the pension

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not recomending anything. You making backups onto a USB drive makes sense
to me.  Really, backing up to any media not on the compoter you are backing up
is good.  My point was just that the two programs being disuseed are not true
back up programs.  I'm not sure bout restoring in next to no time... but you
have the right idea.
Dave

------------------------------
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:59:14 +1300
From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan2@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backup programs?? was  Re: Living on the pension

David....what are you recommending?  Would a cloning program be of more
use? I back up all of my data and all of my software installation files
to a 40gB USB pocket drive.    If I used CloneCD (not sure if this name
is correct), I could reformat my main drive and restore it in next to no
time - is this is correct?  This idea seems like the best option....if
it works!!

Opinions sought...TIA

Rick H