-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Backup programs?? was Re: Living on the pension

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:04:57 -0400

Rick, I use Genie Backup Manager. They have a Home Edition and Pro =
Edition. I use the Pro edition, though I think the Home Edition is =
probably sufficient for most home users.
http://www.genie-soft.com/default.html

There are a lot out there, but in my opinion this program is, without a =
doubt, one of the better ones. Easy to use, nice interface, and after =
you set it up it works in the background never bugging you. It backs up =
files, folders, specific settings (like Outlook Express settings), your =
mail, and even has plugins to backup other software files you have =
installed (for example, plugins for different email programs). I think =
the plugins are mostly free, too.

At $49.95 for the Home Edition, I think it's a very good price. However, =
if you have a tight budget, there are several freeware ones available... =
none of which I have really used.

---Troth