-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Attachments in AOL

  • From: "rawhide101" <rawhide101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 08:45:14 -0400

Thoughtful of you, Billy. That's good info.
I'll leave it in the thread for others.

I'll forward it to the AOL users.
Perhaps they will ID the problem.

Thank you.

The addees in question have been using computers since
the mid 80's; my first was RS Model 1 (SN 435).
The owner used it for about two months before
selling it to me. I fire it up when nostalgia
dominates my curiosity.

None of the addees use Macs.
We've been using PC's since... well.... the
late 80's or early 90's. My first was a used
RS 1000 SX. PROCOMM was my first viable
comm software. Win 3.1x w/Work Groups was an
improvement over DOS, and Win 95 was a blessing.
I've been using HP C8565 with WIN 98SE since '99.
Presently use MSO 2000.

The AOL user problem may be due to the version of
AOL they're using.  I didn't send attachments to
them until recently.

Here's why the AOL version may be the problem:
A new, but distant, AOL user receives attachments.
He has yet to tell me which version of AOL he's
using.  Kinda wish he lived nearby so I could look at
that computer...

Regards, j