-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Adobe Acrobat reader

  • From: suzánne <lailoken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 13:31:30 -0500

I have a personal vendetta against Adobe products just now!  grrrrrrrr!!!!

if you didn't use the add/remove programs applet, all kinds of stuff will be
left that Acrobat installs to your system.  even a remove that way does not
remove everything that it writes to your registry.  just deleting files for
programs will not uninstall the application, and can possibly cause major
problems if some of these programs have written to your boot files.

I have never tried installing 5.0 full version over 4.0, but the update for
v 4.0 to v 5.0 will remove 4.0 for you, but to do that, you need either the
install cd for 4.0 or for the install of 5.0 to be able to find 4.0 on your
hard disk.  does that make any sense?

also, there is an update at adobe for acrobat 5.0
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/update.html

~s

----- From: "Grant Karpik"