-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Adding Wireless Access Point

  • From: "Hal Cardona" <hcardona@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 22:17:01 -0500

I use the D-Link WAP900 and WAP1000 for this.  They need to be on a
standard port, not an uplink.  Since you are doing this in a business
environment, please check with the Network Admin before you do this.  If
you don't you may find that you have opened a hole in their security
plan.  They won't take very kindly to finding out that your WAP has
compromised their network, especially after the fact.

Hal Cardona
PC Sleuth - http://www.pcsleuth.com
Author - ABComputers http://personal-computer-tutor.com/ABC.htm