-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 2 minor problems

  • From: Steve Aiello <deacondeamon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 18:36:58 -0700

Thanks for the reply Ed.
 Fix #1 is only one of the 2 yahoos and every so often hotmail.  the other 8
seem to be working fine
The wifi problem. I haven't had a chance to talk to other people about this
yet.  I'm one of the few who can get it in there apartment.
I am only running 1 computer, at this time.  I know that it's DSL provided
by Quest. I'm a little over a hundred feet from the router.  IWhen I go to
the tv lounge where the router is (?) the same thing happens.

Oh well it's free so can't complain to much

Steve

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 6:04 PM, EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> For #1, did you update your online profile for that service?  I'm assuming
> you are talking about webmail portals.  If I knew which ones you are
> referring to I might be able to find out how to get to the setting.
>
> For #2, do you know if your neighbors are experiencing the same problems or
> not?  If the neighbors are using the public wifi and don't have any
> problems, then I would suspect some kind of compatibility conflict with
> your
> wifi adapter.  Are you using only one PC or more than one?  If only one is
> having the problem then I would suggest trying to update your wifi driver
> the latest version.  Often updates fix compatibility problems.
>
> Ed

in the Subject.