-=PCTechTalk=- PCTechTalk=- Re: : MailWasher program

  • From: "barnestoneworth" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:45:18 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:40 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: : MailWasher program

> I don't pay per minute - but I detest spam, and choose to not have it come
into my computer if I can help it. I have had numerous incidents of it
carrying viruses, and sometimes, just hitting your inbox can let them know
it's legit. When you bring in mail, and over half of it is spam, it becomes
a real pain in the but. It's much nicer to have a program that only takes
one click of a button to dump 40 spam e-mails, than 40 clicks of a button !!
> Mail washer will sort it as it comes in, and then delete the garbage so I
only need to deal with my legitimate e-mails.

> mail washer is free too - as are other programs -
>
> And - I prefer to not have to change my e-mail program because of
spammers - I like my program for HTML - stationery - and they are not going
to ruin that for me! OE does not handle filtering for the complex way
spammers send their e-mails now - with a different address or subject or
word or phrase. Another reason I use MailWasher -

> It's been interesting watching the views on this come thru the list ! very
interesting!!

Sounds like you are using Mailwasher exactly the way I do, Chris...The best
description I can think of is that it acts as a buffer that allows you the
choice
of what you download into your inbox and what you don't. If you don't want
to bounce mail back, that's a choice you can make yourself, and most
importantly, it actually saves me time over any other method I can think of
when it comes to handling unwanted e mail.

Andy