-=PCTechTalk=- OK -- ethical question here

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:09:39 -0700

I am thinking of buying a refurbished PC for $199 and then a
monitor.  It has Win 98 on it and it's all I need for a 3rd PC.
Want to use it for doing actions while I write about what I'm
doing on other computer.

Used to do this when I wrote curriculum in the mid-80s for two
computer schools.

Now my ethical question is -- since I will be using it as a
back up also for what's on my main PC -- can I just use a cable
to transfer files and consider it the same as if I made a back
up CD from software I bought?

It will not be connected to the Internet.

Judith