-=PCTechTalk=- Norton Internet Security - for up to THREE PC's... $9.99 after rebates.

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 01:25:27 -0700

I purchased this today..so I know it is real.

I purchased NIS 2007 for up to 3 PC's.  It says it on the box and no where
else....so KEEP the box.

The cost was $70 and there are $60 in rebates.

On the box is a $20 Upgrade rebate and they will take previous versions of
their products..or someone else's.
I am using the one for the Norton 2005 Personal Firewall.  They will take
the CD or Title Page of the User's Guide.
I always keep these as Norton is pretty liberal about what they will accept
for upgrade rebates.  This also requires the proof of purchase of the NIS
2007 which is a tab from the top of the box which says...Proof of Purchase.

The other rebate is $40 and that is for purchases from 04/29/07 - 05/05/07
So Hurry.
This requires the UPC code (12 digit number) from the bottom of the box.

Of course they both require a copy of your store receipt and you have to
mail them to the addresses they have on the forms.

These are only good for CompUSA.  You must buy the sku # 341289.

You can go to www.CompUSA.com and then in the search..enter the number
341289.  I did not see anything there that said for up to 3 users.  (Please
note..as I discovered..when I got home..that the first activation date..is
the start of the year..for all three users..even if they are not installed
on the same date....
But that is still a fantastic deal.  Even one for $10 is good!

This version was the XP Home or Pro and eligible for the Vista Version
Upgrade.  When I opened the box, the CD was fine for XP but not for Vista.
You go to the Norton site, www.symantec.
and then download the Norton removal tool if you have a prior version of
Norton on it.
You also download the Vista Download and the Add-on download which is the
rest of the bells & whistles like Confidential and stuff for NIS.
After you run the removal tool.
Reboot.
Than you 'should' be able to run the download file to install NIS 2007 and
activate it.  After you have done that..then you can do the add-on package
and re boot after that.

I ran into Norton seeing the old NIS product key.  It saw it..even though I
had run the removal tool and used the old date for the product.(It was from
my PC I retired and only had 220 days of coverage left)

I went to Norton Support Chat.
The guy had me set my computer back four days.
Then I opened NIS
    Went to the Norton Internet Security Tab
        I went to The Support line and opened that section
            Under the heading of Subscription & Account Information He had
me select Activate your Product.

I followed the prompts and when asked....I entered my product key.
It took the key and gave me 366 days of coverage.  (Since I had gone back 4
days..I may have lost 4 days..but that is way better than 146 days!)

Again, if you want this..hurry..it has to be purchased by 05/05/07 and
mailed within of purchase.  But do not wait..mail it in right away..while
you are thinking about it.  Norton now sends those Visa Gift cards.. and you
can check your balances on line.  I have used all of mine from last yr's
purchases!

Have fun..
Rose
Las Vegas