-=PCTechTalk=- My Yahoo Messenger is on strike

  • From: "Jan Robey" <hrstreak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 07:01:36 -0400

Gee I hope there are Yahoo Messenger users in this great group.  My messenger
has been doing what it is suppose to do for quite a long time until one day
last week when it decided to do nothing.  Why it decided to lose it's identity
I do not know, I have not put in nor taken any program out of my computer for
some time.  The list of names keep coming up, & it does tell me when someone on
that list is on or off the Internet.  But I click on the name of an individual
who is on & nothing happens.  Someone tries to send me a message & all I hear
is a little trill type sound.  So no matter what I do it does not send or
receive messages.  So I totally uninstalled & reinstalled it twice...& still no
way to communicate with anyone.  I have been through the messenger help files &
nothing there has made any difference.

I work with several seniors & many of them depend on catching me through
messenger...it is very important for them that I get this resolved.  Any help
you can offer will be appreciated.

Jan