-=PCTechTalk=- Lost sound files

  • From: "Michael Scott" <courier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:43:15 +0930

Hello Group,
I was reading the mail re sound and tried Troths method with CONTROL PANEL ,
SOUNDS, but couldn't find an ADVANCED .....OS 98SE.
I then thought I'd set up a sound for new mail notification, but when I chose
one I get an Error box telling me that "windows cannot play etc etc..it may be
damaged or not be a valid sound file"

I tried about 15 of the sounds and it seems they are all affected.
I have had several weird things happening on Hal lately and did an Online Scan
for nasties using Panda and came up clean. I have mentioned in another mail
that I sent that Sygate won't open either ........  methinks I will have to
take an axe to Hal. If only someone had the answer to the reason why a
perfectly operating OS suddenly chucks a wobbly.... or two or three....that
person will go to Heaven!
Come on folks...I am in dire need of your wisdom and knowledge.......Lyn