-=PCTechTalk=- How on earth did I manage this??????

  • From: "Michael Scott" <courier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:35:00 +0930

Hello Group,
I think I have pulled a big clanger!!! (Aussie for mistake)

I thought I would do the right thing and get rid of some of the bits I don't
need anymore..... games etc. No problem with this or so I thought . When I
wandered down the left side of my folder tree in Windows Explorer I noticed
something new.

Under the Printer Folder there is a new drive????? called drive W.
When I try to open it I get a box saying " w\: is not accessible" This Folder
was moved or removed. The Title on the top of the box reads "Exploring Printers"

I've never had a w drive and somehow I have managed to create one....and I
don't know how  and I don't really want it.

If I right click on this w drive and go to "find" and open the drop down box I
noticed that the stuff listed is that which I sent to the bin.

First question......how did I manage that little bit of trickery.?
Second question........ how do I fix it.?

I am going to leave everything in the recycle bin for the time being. One thing
I have noticed is the icon attached to this w drive. I think it is the wordpad
icon if this means anything.

I'm having a chuckle........ leave me alone with the computer for 30 minutes
and anything can happen!!!

Regards to All,     Lyn