-=PCTechTalk=- Hijacked IE

  • From: "David J. Weaver" <weaverdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 19:34:49 -0400

I am trying to help someone and I hope anyone on this list has a better
memory than me.

Remember a while back a trojan or virus was making the rounds that took
whatever URL was typed into the IE address bar and automatically transferred
it to a porno site?  Clicking on links in email and such wasn't affected
just the address bar.

I use to know how to clean it and I thought I still did, but I don't.  Any
help?

David Weaver

Freedom is the right to question and change the established way of doing
things. It is the continuous revolution of the marketplace. It is the
understanding that allows to recognize shortcomings and seek solutions.
 - Ronald  Reagan