-=PCTechTalk=- Help!

  • From: "Tech Rose" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:56:14 -0800

Hi!

We have put my old Gateway (Which has both USB 1.1 and 2.0 ports)  in the
kitchen and want to be able to access the net from it without running a
cable through the whole house.

What do we need to do?

I have links here for a wireless router..and also for a wireless lan
adapter.  and am not sure..if this is what I need.  We have 2-3 wired
computers which currently conntect through a Linksys router now.
What I want to know is... will this router
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?action=detail&dpno=105348#scroll
will allow me to connect one computer in the kitchen with a Wireless LAN
Adapter   (
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=345833&adcampaign=email,ewb04786

)  and.... also hook up my existing wired computers to this new router?

I am sort of concerned with wireless as to my exposure and saftey of the
personal data on my computer.

If you think this is ok let me know. And of course, let me know if you think
not.

Also, please let me know if you have any other recommendations.

If you think another router is better, but the wireless adapter is ok..let
me know that too.  Since the adapter is FREE after rebates and shipping is
free, I am definitely interested...... free is good....

IF it is what i need!

Rose
Las Vegas