-=PCTechTalk=- HP problem

  • From: "milady" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:54:05 -0800

I have an HP printer version Deskjet 882c..it's own software doesn't work
with XP..I think it was "95-98" respectively. It worked fine on both those
systems. HP installed a much leaner version on SP minus some nice features.
I didn't have problems until I TRIED to update with the older version--not
thinking there would be a problem. Since then the printer isn't functioning
well without all kinds of errors. I tried removing the version I installed.
Didn't change anything. IF I am lucky I get one page printed and then the
computer goes into error--all the lights starting repeating on and of in
succession. THAT will stop and then it produces page after page of jumble
until I shut it off, cancel and reboot and sometimes I have to go thru THAT
4 or5 times. Gotten very pesty this situation. I don'tknow WHAT to remove to
totaly delete the whole program to try and start over. There are so many
files and I think some unrelated to the printer.
I have a restore disk that has the files on it but getting rid of un
necessary to get back to normal???ARGHHH..its been too far back to think
about useing restore in the computer.AND I can't find the owners manual.
GROWL.. I didn't think about the "in house" restore in time. SOOO
Any ideas?.. Been shuffling thru this for days...
    *~<*> Mary Lou<*>~*
                 /\ - /\
                >> ^.^ <<
               --0---0--