-=PCTechTalk=- Downloading FlashPlayer Problem

  • From: Frandy <jskene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:38:58 -0400

When I try to install FlashPlayer at "Install Now" I get a small rectangle in
the upper left corner that contains a smaller red square, green circle and blue
triangle, with a message to click the GOLD bar at the top of the browser
window, but there is no gold bar, just the small rectangle.
I have my Internet Settings at med-low, I have Active X controls and plugins
ENABLE, Download signed ActX PROMPT, unsigned ActX DISABLE, unsigned ActX
DISABLE, Run ActX controls and plugins ENABLE, Script ActX controls marked safe
for scripting ENABLE.
Can anyone tell me what settings I should have or what steps I should be taking
in order to be able to install the flashplayer on my Win XP Home system?
Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Pud