-=PCTechTalk=- Cool CleanUp! stuff

  • From: <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 10:48:28 -0400

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserNameHere\Application Data\cleanup!.log
That is the path to the cleanup log that is written if you tell CleanUp! to
write the log.  It is not in a folder with CleanUP! in the folder name as you
might expect.

I did a clean install on C: about a week or two ago.

I ran CleanUp! just now and here is the result:

CleanUp! started on 05/12/08 09:44:48.
<snip>
CleanUp! 4.5.2 recovered 4.22 GB of disk space from 135364 files. Wow! You
really needed that.
CleanUp! finished on 05/12/08 10:00:35.

The file count does not include the files deleted from the recycle bin.  Att
least I did not see any files listed that include \recycle bin\file.ext

All but 35 lines of the log were from C:\ locations.

The log file is 15,300KB in size and is a plain text file.

I did not delete prefetch, bookmarks or newsgroups subscriptions.  I did not
delete the temp files with a ~ in the name.

If you have never written a CleanUp! log file I suggest you do so and then
browse through it.  I did not see anything listed that I wanted to keep, but
you never know.

Don