-=PCTechTalk=- Advice\info on free AV programs?

  • From: "Donna&Skip" <do1212sk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 09:45:35 -0500

Norton slows down my PC too much. People have mentioned to me about faster
anti-virus programs (that also happen to be free), such as AVG, AVAST, and
ANTIVIR.  However I have no experience with anything other than Norton.
So does anyone have any experienced info on these programs? Do they work as
well as Norton in checking for, keeping out, and eliminating viruses and
trojans? And what about updates? Do they have applicable current updates?

Thanks for any info and advice here,
drummer