-=PCTechTalk=- Adobe Gone Wild / To Whom Can I Run?

  • From: "Walt Boswell" <saxyman70@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 06:31:09 -0500

To cite a somewhat time-worn but always pertinent sentiment, at least in my
case, "If it weren’t for bad luck, I wouldn’t have any luck at all". For
some strange reason, when I download any version of Adobe Reader, just about
every program in my START  menu turns into an Adobe PDF program. At the same
time, every  local program on my desktop shows an Adobe icon, but when I try
to open one of these programs, I get an error message telling me that Adobe
cannot open the program because it is either not an Adobe program or it has
been corrupted in some way. I feel as though I just woke up in the middle of
a Franz Kafka novel, or worse yet, a character in Joseph Heller's Catch-22.
Naturally, when I uninstall Adobe Reader, everything returns to normal,
except that I can no longer open any of my PDF files. Can anyone help me out
here? What can I do to simmer down one obviously nymphomaniacal Adobe Reader
X?

Walt Boswell
"Wasting Away Again in Margaritaville"
saxyman70@xxxxxxxx