-=PCTechTalk=- AOL basics?

  • From: "Anitra" <anitra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:24:26 -0700

A friend of mine uses AOL. As we looked at her computer I
found that she has had Norton AV running since three years
without an update. I saw the McAffee name on a page; does
AOL have their own fool- and bomb-proof protection? (First
time I've met an AOL user, and we only had a few minutes..)

Is AOL just an ISP/browser package? Only good I've heard
about it is that you can hang the CD:s on your fruit trees to
keep the birds away - I thought that was cute ;) What makes
it different? And above all, does AOL (9) have built-in auto
protection?

TIA, Anitra in Pioneertown.com