-=PCTechTalk=- A few more memory questions plz

  • From: "rudy" <rudylopeznc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 16:40:06 -0400

Below is a link from a cruical  memory scan:
http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/viewscanbyid.aspx?id=5A76EB6731D926C3

Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-4200,DDR2 PC2-5300,DDR2 PC2-6400 with a
maximum of 1GB per slot.*

I have 2 sticks of DDR PC2-5200 installed yet it isn't listed above as
compatible?

How much of a benefit would adding 1GB stick of PC2-6400 so my system would
run at 6400 instead of 5200? 10% at best?

I bought two more sticks of the 6400 so I could add both for 4GB but since
XP will only see 3GB is there any reason to go with 4GB instead of 3GB? If I
only put 1 pc-6400 GB stick in I'll have a 1GB pc-6400 just sitting around:)

Here is the memory I bought, good cheap stuff but it's the fastest my system
will see.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1558870&sku=C19-4332&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1610V

Thanks, I'm out and have a great weekend all.

Rudy