[pchelpers] Re: userChrome.css

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <Ekhart.GEORGI@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:32:56 +0300

Hi Susan and George

> I have the latest Firefox version.  In Firefox, users can apparently go
> in and edit their userchrome.css file to change the background colour of
> their browser and do other types of minor tweaking.  The problem is, I
> can't find my userchrome file anywhere.  Hidden files and folders are
> enabled on my computer so I should be able to see it, assuming it's
> there.  The only files that come close are "userchrome-example.css" and
> there are lots of those, but I'm pretty sure the
> "userchrome-example.css" are not what I am looking for.  Maybe this file
> is no longer used in Firefox?  Any suggestions?

The best place to look for help is found by clicking on Support at the
top of www.mozilla.org/support or www.mozilla.com , which takes you to
the essentially identical www.mozilla.org/support or
www.mozilla.com/support . There you can find either the knowledge base
or Firefox Help and its Tips & Tricks
www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/tips , which is less geeky and more
practical than the page George sent, which in addition is for Unix/Linux
and Mozilla (the old combined browser + mail program), not Firefox in
Windows, which is why i showed how to get to the right place. Maybe
George used Google to end up in the wrong place.

Another good place to look for help is by going to the knowledge base,
which often has more detail than the official help documentation above.
It has the added advantage that if something is not explained well
enough there, anybody can edit that so that millions of other users also
profit from our discussion and the improved instructions. Entering
userChrome.css in the search box takes you directly to
http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css . Let me know if you need more
help.