[pchelpers] help wanted for someone else.

  • From: "Billyus Eximius" <billy.e@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:50:44 -0000

Hello all, A sister in Australia, Denise, is having problems sending mail to
WP.  She uses Hotmail, and she gets mail back, because it's sent in Richtext or
HTML instead of Plain text.  I've tried to help her set up her Hotmail, but she
is having difficulty and I don't use hotmail as a rule.  Fid below, our
correspondance and see if anyone can help her.
Billy

My original mail to her........................
....................open your hotmail, go to
mail...............then new mail..................then find tools along the
top of your message form, click it and you'll see in the drop down box,
"rich text editor off" click that and you'll get a message saying something
about changing the format and wanting you to click ok.............do it and
your messages will be sent in plain text....................the reason is
that the group protects itself from virus etc by only allowing plain
text.................if you want to send little icons when mailing friends
etc, just set the RTE to on, but remember to set it to off before mailing
WP

Billy

Now a reply from her friend saying she can't find this Rich Text
Editor......................maybe I have a newer version?  Please reply to the
address in this protion of mail. below

Billy,

This is Shanan, replying to your message on behalf of Denise as she is very
new to the net and doesn't understand much of it yet I was trying to fix
this problem for her. I don't use hotmail myself and I know why she might be
confused I can't even find what you are referring to. If I try to send a new
message and click on tools it only shows dictionary, thesaurus and spell
check :-( nothing anywhere about changing from rich text or html to plain
text. Maybe hotmail has decided to once again proove microsoft to be
microdaft instead by making it impossible to send plain text. I sent myself
a test message to see if maybe it would ask before sending.  But nothing.
Any ideas. Please reply to me at mariahswind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx , thanks :-)

Kind regards,
Shanan Anderson
Port Stephens, NSW Australia