[pchelpers] Re: burn a cd and then play it, what's up with one player?

  • From: "PcCowboy" <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:38:13 -0500

I use to do the same thing with my vcds. I found that if I burned them below
4x they didn't work. and If I burned them above 4x they didn't work. What I
mean by didn't work
is that the sound didn't sync with the lips, or spaces where the picture went
blocky or
just stopped. But I found out that it may have been my DVD player. I got a new
Philips DVD and it is the best one I ever had. I can now burn at my top speed
of 12x
and it has no problem playing them.

BTW a little hint. I went through 3 Panasonic DVD players in 2 years. Even
under warranty
they still cost more to fix than to buy a new one. My newest one 6 months old
stopped playing
last month. All I get is error code H02 on the display when I insert a disk.
Tech says to
return it for repair ( At $85 up front cost) These are the TV DVD players not
the ones for
a computer. The Philip was $97

Pc