[pchelpers] Re: Thunderbird vs OUTLOOK 2003

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 16:51:54 +0300

Hi Cy

> Can Thunderbird handle more than one email account?
> Outlook can but I was wondering if Outlook 2003 can run on Windows 7.

Yes, no limit to the amount of email accounts on Thunderbird. It can
also handle multiple identities.

Here's an interesting comparative review of Outlook and Thunderbird:
http://davemoyer.org/2008/06/thunderbird-vs-outlook-email-app-showdown/

Even more interesting than the review itself is this comment on that
page by a computer expert who's even in tech support:

Excellent Article! I have been an Outlook user since it came out, but
each six months or so, we format and reinstall everything just to keep
our systems running at top speed and efficiency. And each time, it takes
me several hours to reinstall and setup everything in Outlook. This is
Outlook 2003 I’m writing about – Office 2007 has so many bugs in it, I
actually uninstalled it and went back to 2003.

Last night I downloaded and tried Thunderbird on one of my client’s
recommendations, and I was up and running in about 15 minutes. It
imported all of my Outlook files and settings seamlessly and after a few
minor tweaks, I was ready to go.

One has so much more flexibility with Thunderbird, especially with
folder organization. It’s excellent and I won’t be going back to Outlook
anytime soon. Thank you Mozilla, for simplifying my life once again!!!