[pchelpers] Re: Remote Desktop Connection

  • From: Gerald Gollinger <gerald3nyc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 21:53:45 -0800 (PST)

John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Trudy Alatorre wrote:
> With Remote Access you can either gain access to your own computer from
> somewhere else, or you can have someone help you by looking at the files that
> you have on your computer. If you want to give access to your computer to
> someone, you would give the other person a password that you selected for
> that reason.
> Does that answer your question?
> Trudy
>
> Gerald Gollinger wrote: Is this the Windows XP utility to examine someone
> else PC? What information should be shared for access? - Gerald
This appears similar to a utility called "go2mypc", to allow you to
access your PC from anywhere by browser.
https://www.gotomypc.com/en_US/entry.tmpl?_sid=173493478%3A3C7778B9F4C148F&Action=rgoto&_sf=2

Review:
http://www.cgmsystems.com/Resources/Service%20Reviews/go2mypc.htm

  John,

  Microsoft had the modus operandi of Remote Desktop Connection on its website.
 The URL is:   http://tinyurl.com/3as2s

  It is very involved and I would not bother with it since I am not working in
a professional capacity. - Gerald