[pchelpers] News:Google scotches Australian 'Groggle' search

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Durham <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:02:39 +1300

10 November 2010 Last updated at 12:25 GMT
An Australian hoping to quench his nation's thirst via the web has
agreed to change the name of his alcohol search site after protests from
Google.

Cameron Collie set up Groggle to allow users to find the best-priced
"grog" in nearby stores.

Search giant Google complained at his effort to trademark the name,
prompting a six-month legal wrangle.

Now the name Groggle has been changed to a more conventional title,
Drinkle, ahead of its launch in 2011.

More here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11726029
--