[pchelpers] Re: New page for transistor users leads & equivalents for types published around 1980

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: John Durham <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:10:55 -0600

Hi John,

JD> Have just published the latest data page for those wanting the
JD> information (actually a visitor started asking for this last week). It
JD> has taken nearly a week to create. Unfortunately, the chart was printed
JD> with an unfortunate combination of black text on an orange background,
JD> so the scanner could not recognise the characters. That's why it has
JD> taken this long- typing them all by hand. You can see it at:
JD> http://modecideas.com/faq91.html?pch
JD> There will be a few more tweaks over the next few days to make it easier
JD> to use, so this is sort of early. I hope it helps you!

If you have to do something like that again, might try fiddling with
contrast, saving as GIF file (limited to 16 colors, as I recall),
reload from GIF file, use fill option to replace all of the orange
with white, then see if OCR software will handle it.

Last time I saw that combination, it was on the copy-protection card
for a Leisure Suit Larry game, to prevent running through a copier.

--Scott.