[pchelpers] Re: Need advice / dsl

  • From: "G.R. Hanson" <grhanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:49:27 -0600

Hi Pen, I don't have dsl, I have cable internet.... but I would suggest one
thing.  Before you go buy something, check with the company you will be
using.
For cable internet, my cable company rented me a cable modem.  Little did I
know instead of paying ten dollars a month renting it I could buy it.  When
I found that out, I went and asked them about it and sure enough, it was a
very good deal and now I own the one I was using. (I guess they preferred
getting my $10 a month so they didn't advertise that I could buy it for
$50.)  I think that's what I paid.
Another reason to check with the company you will be using is to make sure
of what is compatable.  They will have suggestions of what to purchase, and
then you could go from there.
Re-Na

---