[pchelpers] Re: Monitor wobbles

  • From: "Ed" <edwest@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:07:05 -0500

Many monitors automatically degauss at startup causing a snapping noise
followed by clicking. This is the monitor switching into video mode after
degaussing.
What is degaussing? I'm so glad you asked:~ ) It corrects changes in the
surrounding magnetic field. The magnetic field can cause a color problem. So
many monitors will automatically de-gauss on startup.

If your monitor wobbles all the time than there is something close by
affecting the magnetic field which should be removed. Usually this is
because of a fan running close by the monitor.
Move the fan further away. The problem of a continually wobbling monitor
could also be due to speakers or other electrical contraption. Just move it.

I'm guessing your prob is the first thing I mentioned. Just part of the
normal deal. So go back to sleep & stop worrying, wart.

From: "tactilelady" <penwal1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Can anyone tell me why my monitor wobbles when I turn it on? Does this
mean it has a problem?  Is it something to worry about?