[pchelpers] Re: CDRom not working

  • From: Gail Armstrong <gail.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:37:52 +1200

Thanks, will get onto that one.    Gail

-----Original Message-----
From: pchelpers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pchelpers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Durham
Sent: Friday, 18 April 2003 10:57 a.m.
To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pchelpers] Re: CDRom not working

Is it possible that during this internal re-arrangement the ribbon cable
to the CD was slightly dislodged? If so, it could account for the
problem.

If you go into system settings are there any warning symbols showing
there?

Gail Armstrong wrote:
> =

> Can anyone give simple advice to fix a problem I have with my Hewlett
> Packard Goldstar F drive cdrom.   My Device Manager says it is
> working,
> but it will not read anything, the error message being =93please
insert=

=
> drive was not working then.   Is there any way to configure things, I
> have gone to Microsoft help but can=92t negotiate the options.
> Computer
> 6 years old and still going well.   Any help??? Cheers and happy
> Easter.
> Gail

-- =

Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>