[pchelpers] CDRom not working

  • From: Gail Armstrong <gail.armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:31:50 +1200

Can anyone give simple advice to fix a problem I have with my Hewlett
Packard Goldstar F drive cdrom.   My Device Manager says it is working,
but it will not read anything, the error message being ?please insert
disk? .   I have a H.P. cdwriter (E drive) and the kids play their games
on this and I install software on it too.    I can live with this but
now I want to do some copying, have Prassi software and of course can?t
use the top F drive to read from.   I had trouble with my 3 ½ floppy
disk too, this had same error message, a bit of rearranging inside and
it now works.   If worse comes to worse new drives are now only about
$70.00.  I recently had a clean install of XP, but can?t remember if F
drive was not working then.   Is there any way to configure things, I
have gone to Microsoft help but can?t negotiate the options.   Computer
6 years old and still going well.   Any help??? Cheers and happy Easter.
Gail

PC-HELPERS list subscribe/unsub at http://pchelpers.5er.com?sig