[patriots] Response to AGM Resolutions.

  • From: john TIMBRELL <johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:16:16 +0000

This concerns the National Trust and Common Purpose.
From: johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx
To: agm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Response to AGM Resolutions.
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:12:33 +0000

From Life Member 016 826 773

Hello,
          Were I to attend your AGM I would have placed a point of order viz,
that the answering of members resolutions as a group with similar subjects is
not correct.

I would support my point by stating that is likely to offend those 50 members
who have taken the time and trouble to propose a resolution.

More importantly, detailed points contained in individual resolutions could be
easily glossed over by alluding to a point but not actually giving a reasoned
argument against the actual point.

The trust is probably aware of another charity called Common Purpose which
'trains' leaders in the public services. This is having the effect of
encouraging staff in the previously separate services to become 'partners' of
each other. The further effect of this is the evil that is encouraged because
partners in previously separate services cover up wrong doings or
inefficiencies .

The language used in the responses given to resolutions reminds me of the
language used by Common Purpose Graduates or solicitors who talk around a
difficult subjects without actually addressing a point in dispute.

Please place my comments before the Chairman and ask that he addresses my point
at some time during the AGM.

Thankyou. Best wishes John Timbrell.