[patriots] FW: Letter for consideration please.

  • From: john TIMBRELL <johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 16:37:21 +0000

Patriots may be interested in this. It's in response to Robin Page's article in
January's Countryman where he complained that planning decisions were
undemocratic. Guess what? All of the 46 councillors know of this but are too
frightened to do anything about it. What a load of shit. Dare I add Happy
Christmas after that? JohnT

From: johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx
To: editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Letter for consideration please.
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 16:33:25 +0000

"Democracy has been taken out of the planning process" (heading)A quote from
Robin Page in January's Countryman.If the procedure as followed in
Gloucestershire is followed elsewhere in the country, and I'm told it is by the
solicitor for the Forest of Dean District Council, who excused her continuing
(illegal {if you allow it}) use of the practice, "that it is done this way all
over the country."It is illegal for a committee on a council to determine
planning decisions. A planning committee can only legally recommend. The
decision should be taken by the full council : 46 in the Forest of Dean.This is
good law. It stops a small group of people being approached with bribes.
Someone would find it very difficult to bribe 46 councillors.It also allows
each councillor to speak fro his electorate.Because I wrote to the council
demanding a return to the law the solicitor arranged for the police to serve a
harassment notice on me. I immediately repeated the so called harassment notice
and sent a copy to the police. The result nothing because they know I'm right
and daren't prosecute me..I then formally made of complaint to the police of
the crime of misconduct in public office. The result: the police whilst not
denying it was a crime "did not think it appropriate to prosecute in this
case".So here in the Forest are projects with huge public opposition, one in
which over £10 million has been spent without a spade touching the ground.
Democratic? Obviously not.Amazingly the groups formed to oppose the projects
will not take the necessary action to get the council to act legally because
they believe their solicitors when they say what I state is bizarre. They say
that, because instead of spending a mornings work typing out a notice requiring
the council to act lawfully and serving it on the council, for which they would
receive a small fee, they mount expensive cases in the high court and make
loads of money.So Robin "after 45 wasted years" of being a councillor how about
using your voice to get this wicked undemocratic voice stopped.Anyone wanting
to know more ask the editor for my email address.Contrary to. The local
Authorities (functions and Responsibilities) (England) regulations
2000
Schedule one headed.
“functions not to be the function of an authorities executive”
ITEM (1) Power to
determine application for planning permission.

Mark, If you feel unable to publish this please pass it to Robin Page. He might
be able to use his louder voice to get this practice stopped.

This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected
by Avast.