[patriots] FW: Breaking News: The fight for life continues

  • From: john TIMBRELL <johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 17:26:44 +0000

I offer no views on the 'right to life issue'. What is does highlight is the
corrupt British legal system. Access to the judicial review system is blocked.
AND even if you get there the judges are instructed to reject the cases on a
ratio of 70% fail to 30% success. I can't prove this but I repeat the comment
of a barrister in the know.

Subject: Breaking News: The fight for life continues
From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 15:20:30 +0000

Breaking News: The fight for life continues

Breaking News from Christian Concern

This email looks best with images enabled or viewed in your browser.

(Click here to view in your browser).

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Donate online

Breaking News

The fight to protect life continues

Aisling Hubert and Nikki Kenward to appeal High
Court's Judicial Review rulings

Sadly, the High Court has refused Judicial Review in
two vital cases brought by Christian Legal Centre clients to protect God's gift
of life.

But Aisling Hubert and Merv and Nikki Kenward have today announced that they
will appeal the rulings and continue to challenge the Director of Public
Prosecutions' (DPP) failure to protect life from its beginning to its natural
end.

Protecting life's beginning

On Tuesday, the High Court rejected Aisling
Hubert's challenge to the DPP, who had refused to prosecute two doctors filmed
offering 'gender-abortion'.

The doctors were filmed in 2012 offering abortion because the baby was a girl.

Despite concluding that there was sufficient evidence to provide a realistic
prospect of conviction, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) decided that
prosecution was "not in the public interest"!

Supported by the Christian Legal Centre, 22-year-old Aisling Hubert launched
private prosecutions. The CPS refused to release evidence that it had in its
possession and went on to initiate a takeover of the cases and then drop them.

This week, Aisling challenged the original decision by the CPS not to prosecute
the doctors. But the High Court rejected that challenge.

Explaining her decision to appeal, Aisling said:

"Every human being is made in God's image. God delights in justice and demands
that we practise it. He cares for all, especially the vulnerable.

"We must continue to challenge injustice and seek to uphold protections for
unborn children, who cannot defend themselves.

"Again and again we have seen those who are
responsible for pursuing justice turn a blind eye, perhaps hoping that the
horrors of abortion will be swept under the carpet and the problems go away.

"But justice demands that something is done and that people are held to account
for their actions. The law can only protect if it is enforced. The failure of
the DPP to take action gives the impression that we have abortion on demand,
for whatever reason."

Read more about the case

Protecting life's natural end

This morning, the High Court rejected Merv and
Nikki Kenward's challenge to the DPP's loosening of prosecution policy in cases
of assisted suicide.

In 2014, the DPP amended the prosecution policy without consulting the public,
Parliament or the medical profession.

The change makes it less likely that doctors and other healthcare workers will
be prosecuted in cases of assisted suicide.

Supported by the Christian Legal Centre, disability campaigners Merv and Nikki
Kenward challenged the legality of the DPP's actions. But the High Court today
rejected that challenge.

Explaining the decision to appeal, Nikki Kenward,
who was left paralysed when she was stricken by Guillain-Barre Syndrome in
1990, said:

"On behalf of the disabled, elderly, terminally ill and
others who are vulnerable, we will continue the fight for a reversal of this
deceptive and dangerous liberalisation of prosecution policy.

"This ruling is bizarre. The DPP simply asserted that, despite standing for
five years, the published prosecution policy didn't actually express what had
been intended. The court has accepted this blatant revisionism, without any
real challenge or justification.

"This area of law is a matter of life and death.
How can we be sure of proper protections if the goalposts can be moved, on a
whim, five years down the line, without consultation? How can anyone rely on
the prosecution policy, if it can be unilaterally 'reinterpreted' by the DPP
without public scrutiny?

"The court says that the DPP's action was simply a 'clarification' and not a
substantive change. But that 'clarification' will make a difference in practice
to who is prosecuted, so how can it not be a substantive change?"

Read more about the case

A privilege to stand up for God's gift of life

Commenting on the decisions to appeal, Andrea Williams
said:

"It is remarkable that, in a single week, we have seen the High Court twice
refuse to challenge the DPP over failure to properly apply the law.

"Standing with Aisling, Nikki and Merv as they continue to fight for the
protection of life from beginning to natural end is a privilege.

"But it is also costly, especially as those who
oppose us try to intimidate us with financial penalties.

"Please help us to help them continue to stand up for God's precious gift of
life."

Donate to help us to support Aisling and the
Kenwards

Tell others about these important cases

Forward this email to a friend

Please use Twitter, Facebook and email to let
others know.

Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Visit our website

You are subscribed with the following email address:

johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx

Want to update your email address or contact details?

Update your details here.

Want to stop receiving all our emails?

Unsubscribe here.

Christian Concern

70 Wimpole Street

London W1G 8AX

Phone: 020 3327 1120

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.christianconcern.com

Copyright © 2015 Christian Concern

‘Christian Concern’ is a trading name of CCFON Ltd.

CCFON Ltd is registered in England and Wales (Company Number 6628490).

Registered office: 70 Wimpole Street, London, W1G 8AX.