[pathways-teach] TASC and who knows it?

  • From: Marjorie Stamberg <marjoriestamberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pathways-teach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 18:20:11 -0500

Joan Martinez sent along this note about the TASC:

Well, I was going to start off by saying no one would believe me, but
you all will after reading this:

It was bad enough at last year's college fair I went up to each
collage and military branch and only one college knew there was no
more GED in NY State.

It was scary last week when I talked to my friends who worked at
Hunter College's Student Affairs Office and they too knew nothing of
this giant secret.

The TASC might as well be the big pink snuffleupagous  in the elevator
that farts.
(Please forgive me for my poor humor and spelling.)

Now, get this, today I walked into Barnes and Noble to see the new
GED@ (My apologies as my ancient phone lacks the appropriate symbol.)
textbooks out by Kaplan@ for 2014, but NO TASC material-It was not
even advertised as coming soon.

So what I did was to go talk to customer service people because one by
one they were convinced that I was crazy.

"Lady, of course you can still take the GED here in NY why would they
get rid of that? We would not carry the books etc. etc."

Finally, a manager was called over and after several Google attempts
they believed my incredible tale of the TASC.

Bottom line:
I was able to pre- order th
e McGraw-Hill Education TASC price $20 Product #9780071823869
.
Here is the kicker it will not be available until February 7Th.
Cannot make this stuff up.